Are You an Employer?
Corporate Bound AcademyTM is the perfect companion to your entry-level on-boarding process. Participants will be ready to strategically think like a leader, analyze pressing situations, and provide viable and rational solutions.
As today’s corporations need all major career areas in order to perform optimally. While the Academy serves college juniors and seniors in all disciplines, the 2014 CBA Leadership Challenge will actively encourage participants to investigate careers in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math). The CBA will strive to achieve the following goals especially for STEM majors and the companies who wish to hire them.
- Goal #1: To prepare STEM majors for the challenge and opportunity of corporate leadership
- Goal #2: To stimulate interest in STEM among culturally diverse college students
- Goal #3: To promote career and leadership opportunities for STEM majors
- Goal #4: To provide an effective recruitment solution for companies seeking diverse STEM talent.
STEM Job Statistics:
Total jobs: STEM occupations will grow from 6.8 million to 8 million total jobs by 2018.
Job openings: STEM occupations will provide 2.4 million job openings through 2018, including 1.1 net new jobs and 1.3 replacement jobs due to retirement.
Postsecondary education: 92% of STEM jobs will be for those with at least some postsecondary education and training.
Equity: Diversion of women and minorities is compounded by other factors.
- For women and minorities, STEM is the best equal opportunity employer.
- Although pay gaps exist between minorities and Whites/Asians and women and men in STEM, they are smaller than in other occupations.
Shortages: We face a chronic shortage in STEM competencies as the demand for STEM talent grows outside traditional STEM jobs.